The North Lancashire Tour contact us for availabilityTake full advantage of your visit to the Arnside & Silverdale AONB with a cycle tour of the area designed to help you explore the rich variety of this Area of outstanding natural beauty and North Lancashire as a whole.
- 3 days cycling and 2 nights B & B accommodation
- Distance average of 20-30 miles a day
- Bikes & all equipment provided
- Route is self guided, full maps and guidance provided
- Full luggage transfer, point to point service
- Price £300 per person
- Back up and full support vehicle at all times
- Day 1 - The Arnside & Silverdale AONB Tour
Having arrived at Silverdale and you have checked in to your accommodation. We will meet up to introduce you to your bikes and we start your cycle holiday with a gentle afternoon/early evening of cycling around the Arnside & Silverdale AONB. Enjoy a peaceful introduction to the area, cycle through historic villages, stop and see sites of historical and biological interest and take in the beauty of the area. We will visit a pub on route to enjoy a local brew.
- Distance 15 miles
- Terrain quiet lanes/tracks
- Day 2 - Historic Market Town Your day begins with a journey towards the Historic Market Town of Kirkby Lonsdale, cycling quiet lanes taking in the wonderful landscape between The Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales with views of Morecambe Bay. A lunch stop in Kirkby Lonsdale and time to wander the many independent up market retailers. On our return trip we will enjoy a final refreshment stop, before cycling back to Silverdale to round off your day's cycling
- Route 25-30 miles
- Quiet lanes with some moderate climbs with long flowing descents and spectacular views.
- Day 3 - Lancashire Coast & City This day's ride takes us to the coastal town of Morecambe and the delight of easy cycling on the wide and long promenade. Stop to see the ever popular Eric Morecambe statue and visit the art deco Midland Hotel. After lunch we will head to the Historic City of Lancaster, where you can spend an afternoon exploring the rich maritime heritage and Georgian splendor of this capital city of Lancashire. Our return to Silverdale will take us back through attractive villages and quiet lanes.
- Route 25 miles
- Terrain, on road for short sections but mainly traffic free greenways, canal towpath and quiet lanes.
- Extended route options to Heysham or Glasson Dock if time allows
- If you wish to include an additional days cycling and accommodation please contact us for a revised cost and itinerary.
What do I need to bring.
- Although Panniers are provided you may wish to bring a small rucksack
- Water bottle
- Spare layer of clothing & change of clothes
- Padded cycle shorts
- Stiff soled shoes
- Lunch or evening meal
- Packed lunches can be provided on route at extra £5.00 per person
- Insurance, you may wish to purchase your own
- Single person supplement for accommodation will apply. Accommodation based on double room.
Contact us to find out more or to reserve your holiday
T: 01524 701537