The Walney to Whitby Cycle RouteOne of a growing number of coast-to-coast routes, the Walney (Barrow in Furness) to Whitby passes through the historic counties of Westmoreland and Yorkshire. A journey of 180 miles mainly on road and quiet lanes. The best of both town and country make this cycle route a must.
- 5 days cycling and 4 nights B&B accommodation
- Distance average of 30-45 miles a day
- Bikes & all equipment provided
- Route is self guided, full maps and guidance provided
- Full luggage transfer, point to point service
- Price £600 per person
- Back up and service vehicle at all times
Suggested 4 nights, 5 days cycling Itinerary
- Day 1 - Walney to Kendal (Oxenholme) – Terrain Undulating – 40 miles
- Day 2 - Kendal - Kirkby Stephen – Terrain Hilly, (hard) -30 miles
- Day 3 - Kirkby Stephen – Barnard Castle – Terrain Hilly – 35 miles
- Day 4 - Barnard Castle – Great Ayton – Terrain Undulating – 45 miles
- Day 5 - Great Ayton – Whitby (finish) – Terrain undulating – 30 miles
- If you wish to include an additional days cycling and accommodation please contact us for a revised cost and itinerary.
What do I need to bring.
- Although Panniers are provided you may wish to bring a small rucksack
- Water bottle
- Spare layer of clothing & change of clothes
- Padded cycle shorts
- Stiff soled shoes
- Lunch or evening meal.
- Packed lunches can be provided on route at extra £5.00 per person
- Insurance, you may wish to purchase your own
- Single person supplement for accommodation will apply. Accommodation based on
Contact us to find out more or to reserve your holiday
T: 01524 701537