The Cumbria Way Cycle RouteA hugely popular walking route, The Cumbria Cycle Way can now be cycled which takes you from Ulverston in the South of Cumbria through the heart of the Lake District, passing via, Lake Coniston, Grasmere, Thirlmere, Keswick and finishing in Carlisle. The route offers everything the cyclist loves, variety of terrain, wonderful lakeside cycling and fantastic landscapes to admire. With the added benefit of great places to stop and explore. Cycling through the heart of the Lake District is a must for all cyclists.
- 2 days cycling and 1 nights B&B accommodation
- Distance average of 30-40 miles a day
- Bikes & all equipment provided
- Route is self guided, full maps and guidance provided
- Full luggage transfer, point to point service
- Price £200 per person
- Back up and full support vehicle at all times
- Day 1 - Arrive in Ulverston and Cycle to Keswick - 40 miles
You arrive in the morning at the start of your Cumbria Cycle odyssey in Ulverston (with direct train service from Lancaster, Preston & Manchester Airport). You will be met by one of our team who will acquaint you with your bike and will provide full itinerary and guidance for you to start your bike ride. Once you've stocked up on your days supplies you will head off to enjoy the Lakeland scenery, finishing your day at our pre-booked B&B at or near to Keswick.
- Day 2 - Keswick - Carlisle - 35 miles
After a big Cumbrian breakfast, you will be heading towards Carlisle passing through attractive Cumbrian Towns and villages, with a easier days cycling ahead, you'll be in the Historic City of Carlisle in no time where you can take your time to explore the City's rich heritage and culture. We shall arrange for you to be met at a convenient place to hand back your bikes and equipment.
- If you wish to include an additional days cycling and accommodation please contact us for a revised cost and itinerary.
What do I need to bring.
- Although Panniers are provided you may wish to bring a small rucksack
- Water bottle
- Spare layer of clothing & change of clothes
- Padded cycle shorts
- Stiff soled shoes
- Lunch or evening meal
- Packed lunches can be provided on route at extra £5.00 per person
- Insurance, you may wish to purchase your own
Contact us to find out more or to reserve your holiday
T: 01524 701537